The Pierce County Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES) provides volunteer emergency communications for served agencies, such as local departments of emergency management, and the broader community. Please enjoy our webpage, and don't hesitate to contact us if you would like more information or are interested in getting involved. ARES is a group of volunteers who train and qualify to provide emergency communications support when disaster strikes. ARES assists local agencies during times of bad weather, such as windstorms and flooding, earthquakes, and any other incident that disrupts ordinary day to day communication. Our motto is, "When all else fails."
1) Added Winlink Files Link in the member area; winlink contacts CSV file, and ARFOG report formats that may be imported into winlink templates (10/03/19)
2) Added Mark Yordy (W7BBO) classes folder in the training classes link; added coaxial connectors class and field deployable antennas class (10/03/19)
3) Updated the Radio Operator Task Book in the member area. Updated line ICS-15 to reflect new IS-2200 course (9-23-19)
4) Added 2019 SET Exercise Tri-Fold in the Exercise Documents Folder (2020 - 2019 SET) (9-22-19)
5) Added 2019 SET Exercise Player Brief in the Exercise Documents Folder (2020 - 2019 SET) (9-22-19)
6) Updated District 5 ICS-217-D5 (corrected PC-22SX to correct a typo) posted in the member area (9/18/19)
7) Added an Updates and Change Logs link to the member area to assist in tracking updates and changes (9/18/19)
8) Updated District 5 ICS-217-D5 (complete update and renumbering) in the member area (8/29/19)
9) Updated: District 5 Radio Operator Position Task Book in the member area (8/29/19)
10) Updated: ARRL/ARES Position Task Book (version 2.1) in the member area (8/29/19)
11) Added: DHS/AUXCOMM Position Task Book to the member area (6/24/19)
*** If you experience website problems please send your request or comment to email@example.com. Thank you.
You may now change your password by logging in and clicking on the "My Account" link on the right side of the screen. Click on the "Edit" link and you will have access to your account page.